So you’re trying to figure out where to sell diamonds? Chances are your first thought was to go and sell your diamond to a local jeweler or pawn shop. But, have you also considered selling your diamond online?
Just like everything else these days, selling diamonds has also gone digital. So what’s the best route to go – in person or online?
Well, there are relative advantages and disadvantages to selling your diamond online vs in person. You want to make sure you are getting the best price for your diamond and can fully trust the buyer.
Here are some of the pros and cons that we’ve identified with both options so that you can be one step closer to saying farewell to your diamond:
Selling Diamonds Online
- Conveniently sell your diamond from home
- Compare multiple offers without driving to multiple locations
- Don’t have to worry about carrying a diamond around and losing it
- Won’t get a real offer until you send your diamond in
- Many online buyers are wholesalers who re-sell the diamond to a jeweler. You will get less money if you sell to a middle man.
- This is a relatively new business model and most companies have small amounts of experience in the diamond industry
Selling Diamonds in Person to a Jewelry Store
- You can get paid for your diamond on the same day of the sale
- Jewelers can use in house machinery and personnel to evaluate a diamond’s value on the spot
- You don’t need to worry about your diamond getting lost in the mail
- Comparing multiple offers means driving to multiple places
You now know that there advantages and disadvantages to selling both online and in person; but, what if we told you there was a way to combine the best aspects of the two options?
Here at Farewell Diamond, we are proud to say that we are a Long’s Jewelers Company. This allows us to combine the convenience of selling online with the experience and fair value of selling to a jeweler.
If you are unfamiliar with Long’s Jewelers, we are a Boston based company that has been dedicated to providing the people of New England with the finest jewelry and diamonds for the past 137 years. We have built a world class team containing multiple graduate gemologists, and have positioned ourselves as a leader in the diamond industry.
We are honored to have been given the prestigious Best of Boston award seven times in the past decade, as well as receiving a rare A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, we are a member of the American Gem Society, an exclusive group dedicated to protecting consumers through the use of fair and ethical business practices.
We recently noticed more and more people were coming into our stores asking to sell their diamonds. We realized that we needed to expand our diamond buying business online, so we could give everyone in America access to our expertise.
We launched Farewell Diamond, and are excited to offer you our extensive knowledge, the convenience of selling from home, and all of the benefits that come from running brick and mortar locations. We hope that as you are ready to say farewell to your diamond, you trust in our experts to help you through the process.
If you would like to learn more about Long’s Jewelers, you can take a look at our website here.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us here.